Recommendations on Coronavirus COVID-19
Update: 17th March 2020
We are supportive of measures being employed by the Department of Health and public health officials as they work towards slowing the spread of COVID-19 in our city, communities and nation.
As a faith-based charitable organisation – and church – we have as our priority, the health and safety of our congregation on Sundays and attendees at key events.
To date, we have been helping everyone who calls LIFE home, to understand the importance of good hygiene, staying away from events if they are unwell – and more recently – to not attend if just returned from overseas.
Specifically, in relation to the announcement yesterday (16th March) that Victoria is now in a state of emergency and all mass gatherings of more than 500 people should be cancelled, we will obviously be supporting that measure and communicating that with people at LIFE as required.
As our Senior Pastor, Paul de Jong, said this past Sunday, we are now reviewing how we will do our Sunday services and upcoming events and conferences in light of these confirmed developments.
We hope to be in a position to announce our exact intentions, with everyone affected, by email within the next day or so.
In the interim, we remind everyone the Department of Health current advice is that these people should not attend events:
- Anyone who is unwell.
- Anyone arriving into Victoria who has returned from any country or been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days is being asked to self-isolate. Please also register your details with the Coronavirus Health Information Line is – 1800 020 080
To assist with good hygiene, we have taken these steps at our LIFE Campus:
- Signage at entrance, restrooms and visual areas reminding people to practice good hygiene.
- Provision of hand sanitiser, soap, paper towels and tissues.
- Additional cleaning of surfaces.
And we would also remind people at LIFE about this best hygiene practice to keep each other well in our environments:
- Covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or coughing/sneezing into your elbow.
- Disposing of used tissues appropriately in a bin.
- Washing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water and drying them thoroughly, or using hand sanitiser.
If you have health-related concerns about COVID-19, phone the dedicated COVID-19 Health Information Line is – 1800 020 080
We encourage everyone to be praying for communities around the world affected by the virus, for wisdom for our government and public health professionals, and for continued protection across our city and nation.
The Team at LIFE