HE IS LORD
Today’s cultural statement is; ‘I can be lord of myself & I can shepherd myself’. But scripture calls Jesus our Lord over 700 times! And as the Lord is the good shepherd, we need to do things on His terms, trusting that he knows what’s best for us.
Q. What stood out to you from Sunday’s message, and why?
Q. Is Jesus the Lord of your life?
- When we say Jesus is Lord, we commit ourselves to His leading. If Jesus is Lord of all, He needs to be Lord of all our life, not just some areas. How does this look for us in the areas of our family, calling, decisions, finance, health etc…?
- How can we have accountability and healthy measurement of Jesus being Lord of our lives?
Psalm 23 ‘The Lord is my shepherd; I lack nothing’
Q. Can we honestly say that we lack nothing?
- Psalm 23 says ‘The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.’ How incredible that from the moment we start to walk with God we lack absolutely nothing! Now let’s put some context to that – we can’t take this scripture and say, ‘I tried this scripture out with singing, and it seems I’m still lacking!’ It’s more in the sense that, we lack nothing in all we need to walk out the fullness of what God has purposed for us. We can walk in confidence knowing that God has provided all our needs ahead of time, that he knows exactly what we need. When He is Lord, we lack nothing!
Psalm 23:2,3 ‘He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside still waters’
Q. Do we find ourselves in green pastures & still waters OR in places of confusion & chaos?
- What an amazing promise, that God would restore our soul, meaning ‘to bring back to its original state or condition’ also meaning ‘to return and to refresh’. When we allow God our shepherd to guide us, we have peace. When we choose to sin however, we go our own way and cannot blame God for the environment we created for ourselves. Our shepherd knows the ‘green pastures and still waters’ that will restore us. We will reach these places only by following him obediently. How have you experienced times of refresh?
ROMANS 10:9 If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Q. God has provided faith to the heart of everyone. Do we trust Him to be our Lord & follow His lead for our life?
- What we confess with our mouth is a reflection on what we think in private. Think about your confessions lately. Do they come from a place of trusting God or following the culture of the world?
- Lord, help me to choose you to be the Lord of my life
- Lord, show me the areas I need to surrender to you
- Lord, teach me to follow your lead
- Give thanks for all God is doing and going to do through your life
- Ask the Holy Spirit to give you awareness of where God is wanting to lead you
- Share your journey of Jesus as Lord with your connect group or a friend