CONVICTION & COURAGE
- What stood out to you from this past weekend’s message, and why?
‘We need to build our courage, confidence and conviction on the word of God’ Ps Danny
Where does your courage, confidence and conviction come from?
- Our confidence, courage and conviction come from the Holy Spirit and knowing Gods plans and purposes for us and for the world.
- How can we build our convictions on a biblical world view? Are we renewing our mind with Gods word in how we think, or do we draw from worldview, past experiences or our own opinions.
Joshua 1:6 “Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land, I swore to their forefathers to give them”.
What is one area in your life that you don’t feel strong or courageous in?
- Many people think to be strong and courageous comes from having success and power. But the strategy God gave to Joshua was 1. To be strong and courageous, for the task ahead would not be easy, 2. Obey Gods law, 3. Constantly read and study the book of law – to know Gods Word
What practices start to build our courage and conviction?
- Power of prayer, awareness of Holy Spirit lead opportunities with others, taking the right next step and ask God for opportunity to be courageous and share your conviction with others, being in the word.
What could it look like to live with full courage and conviction?
- Lord, give me insight and understanding of your word
- Lord, give me passion & wisdom to follow my convictions
- Lord, teach me to be strong and have courage
- Be intentional with taking time to study and know God’s word
- Have awareness of Holy Spirit leading
- Give thanks to God for the strength, courage, and conviction he gives you.