EXPANSION WEEK 2
We have a dream that LIFE Melbourne would be a church that is full of faith and in anticipation to actively engage in everything God brings our way.
We dream of a church where people never respond out of obligation, but faith-filled, spirit-willing, roused hearts that are constantly hungry for the expanding, extending, and adorning of His Bride to see every sphere of society and every generation impacted and changed with the reality of Jesus. Check out full version of our ‘We have a DREAM’ vision here https://www.expansion.org.au/e-mag
REFLECT & DISCUSS
What did God reveal to you from Sunday’s message ‘Expansion week 2’?
What was your main takeaway from the message?
A WILLING & GENEROUS HEART
SCRIPTURE Exodus 35:5 Take from among you an offering to the Lord. Whoever is of a willing and generous heart, let him bring the Lords offering.
The people who built the tabernacle of the Lord were stirred up about the things of God, and they gave with willing hearts.
A willing and generous heart shows itself in ways such as:
- Being excited about the things of God
- Taking action to play a part
- Staying engaged and committed to the work we have been entrusted with
Everything we do is done for God and His glory. We should do it through Him, to Him, for Him, by Him and with Him. And we should do it willingly, with our whole hearts stirred up within us.
What does it mean to you to have a generous and willing heart in the context of Expansion?
How do you take action to outwork your part to play?
Out of the 3 ways a willing heart shows itself, what comes easily to you, and what can be a challenge?
How to stay willing and generous:
- Spend time with people who are excited about the things of God. Before long, you will be excited too. Spend time with people who are indifferent and not interested in the things of God, that can rub off on you to!
- Avoid passivity & procrastination. A passive person relies on feeling moved by what’s happening on the outside before taking action. But we can be motivated and led by the Holy Spirit within us, not by the things on the outside. The best way we can guard against passivity is to do what we need to do now and do it with all our heart.
- Stir up the gifts within you! Be intentional and invest in developing your gifts. If you’re not sure what they are, come and be a part of Next Steps at church and we’ll help you discover your gifts.
NOT A PREASURE, BUT A PLEASURE
SCRIPTURE 2 Corinthians 9:5-7 That is why I thought it necessary to urge these brothers to go to you [before I come] and decide in advance for this generous, previously promised gift of yours, so that it would be ready, not as something extorted [or wrung out of you], but as a [voluntary and] generous gift.
Now [remember] this: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows [a]generously [that blessings may come to others] will also reap [b]generously [and be blessed]. 7 Let each one give [thoughtfully and with purpose] just as he has decided in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver [and delights in the one whose heart is in his gift].
Second Corinthians 9:5-7 is a wonderful promise. God is a God of abundance, not scarcity. Ask Him to give you a cheerful heart as you give and to expand your faith to see abundance for every good work.
Share an area in your life that you have sown seed in faith and have been able to see expand overtime.
How does knowing God promises to be a God of abundance with our “seed”, stretch our faith?
Have some time to look at and share stories from our LIFE Community, Church & Kingdom testimonies of people’s lives being changed and transformed by the willing and generous hearts of our church.
WE ARE NOT GIVING TO GET; WE ARE GIVING TO GLORIFY!
SCRIPTURE 2 Corinthians 9:11 This most generous God who gives seed to the farmer that becomes bread for your meals is more than extravagant with you. He gives you something you can then give away, which grows into full-formed lives, robust in God, wealthy in every way, so that you can be generous in every way, producing with us great praise to God.
What a privilege it is to partner with God and outwork his plans for this earth now. And when we play out part, we get to meet people’s needs and from that, people give God all the glory! We each have a part to play in bringing people to Jesus and Jesus to people!
Have you committed to being a part of Expansion yet?
How will you play your part?
PRAYER & ACTION
- Check out more info on how you can be a part of Expansion at: Expansion at https://www.expansion.org.au
- Talk to your group leader for more details on how to be a part of Expansion.
- Pray that there would be a resetting and realigning to steward our gifts and rewards in a way that is holy and under Gods sovereign plans and protection
- Have a time to be prayerful and ask God, ‘What part do you want me to play?’
- Check out more resources here https://www.youtube.com/@LIFEMelbourne/videos